Reverse Engineered Object: Progress II

If there is anything I learned from this project, it is that rounded out corners make me want to perish. I haven't been able to find a way to smooth out a corner using the fillets, as it would fillet one direction okay, but then when filleting the other way it just creates another corner. Below is an example of what I mean by this. Please send help, I just want my corner to be perfectly smoothed out. I've tried to fill in this space with a section of a sphere but that also held no results.


Besides that, I have to admit that my motivation to complete this has been lower than it should be, but I have the circuit board (mostly) completed after some trial and error. I found that if you want specific patterns on each side, you have to explode the object and set the scans (as I was not carving out every little detail) as one trimmed surface.


Other progress includes the relative completion of small components. The additions needed for these are mostly decorative, such as the numbers on certain buttons.




Next week I will hopefully have some more motivation to really finish this off.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Algorithmic Surface Modelling + Animation

Parametric Structure & Animation

Algorithmic Surface Model for SLA Printing