Papercraft digital samples

The assignment for this week was to create a 3d model and then deconstruct it (by "unfolding it") so that it was 2d. By using surface modeling, we can make easy blueprints for a 3d object. 

Below is the practice round I did in class, and it kind of reminds me of the top of a castle. Similar to the type you would see in childhood fairy tales or picture books.











My first designed object is Eraserhead's goggles from the show My Hero Academia. The show itself is really important to me for a various number of reasons. Ranging from it being one of my favorite animes, it's also important to me because it was the first anime series I watched with my dad and anime ended up bringing our relationship really close together when it was previously somewhat distant. In the context of the show, Eraserhead's goggles prevent other people from telling when he uses his superpower (quirk) to stop other people's quirks to level the playing field. I think it's cool that someone without a flashy superpower can become a hero as morally good as he is.






My second object ended up being another object from the same show. I decided to create Deku's mask because he was the first character I tried making a cosplay for. I was never able to create a decent mask from scratch for Deku before, despite numerous attempts and hours put into trying but I wanted to challenge myself and attempt to get it right this time since I had 3d modeling at my disposal. Despite the fact I knew exactly what I wanted to create with an idea of how it would look it my mind, it still took me literal hours just to complete this one supposedly simple mask.






















My last object, surprisingly enough, isn't from an anime (even though anime is half my personality and frog is the other half, ha ha). I created an aloe vera plant in a pot. Since I can remember, I've always had an aloe vera plant where I lived. It has been transplanted a couple of times, but now I have this plant that somehow hasn't died still sitting with me in my room despite the fact that it sometimes was not watered for weeks and looked literally dead a year or two ago (I was being pretty optimistic by watering a dead plant but now
I am stuck with it forever). I've liked plants ever since I was a kid, and I often painted plant pots for birthday parties growing up.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Algorithmic Surface Modelling + Animation

Parametric Structure & Animation

Algorithmic Surface Model for SLA Printing