Input/Output: Proof of concept

Circuit diagram:

I used Fritzing to create the circuit diagram. The green chip on the left represents the LED strips while the green chip on the right is our mic sensor (we used a MEMS microphone [ICS-40180], which is actually red but this was the closest thing I could find in the program). We plan to use a different mic (preferably a condenser mic) for the actual crit, but as we are testing it was more worthwhile just to use a small mic sensor.

Arduino Code (so far):

Interaction with working concept:



The main issue that can be seen in the video is that the response to sound isn't exactly fine-tuned. I think I would need to go back and look at the input through the serial monitor and I also need to test this with a condenser mic. Another issue I found with this so far is that the "stars" aren't working properly. By this, I mean that instead of having a random fade in and out, they are functioning similar to the buildings and flickering between white and yellow instead.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Algorithmic Surface Modelling + Animation

Parametric Structure & Animation

Algorithmic Surface Model for SLA Printing