Algorithmic Surface Modelling + Animation

Tile design:









Test Shapes:


To experiment with tiling, I initially tried using a cylinder and a shape similar to the class demo to make sure my algorithm works. For my animation, I tried to tesselate my design to a series of lofted polygons, but I found that when I tried to input the loft into the surface morph, it gave me an error saying "1 value inherited from 1 source... Null". It didn't matter whether or not the loft was connected to the rotate axis (between polygon and loft) and I couldn't manage to make it work even when using mesh brep or the brep parameter. Even baking this surface did not help. 


I found that using this shape gave me two main errors:

1. Divide Domain: Data Conversion failed from Brep to Domain² 

2. Surface morph: Data Conversion failed from Brep to Surface

Putting mesh brep between brep and divide domain² helped, but it still had errors regarding the V domain values being 0. Oddly enough, this exact same algorithm worked when I replaced polygon with circle CNR.


This is the surface I decided to work with instead:



Ultimately, this was the final animation:










I also tried a version where I also remapped the v and u components of deconstruct domain²

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parametric Structure & Animation

Algorithmic Surface Model for SLA Printing